Diving at altitudes higher than 1000 feet above sea level is altitude diving. Discover a hidden world where only a few have ventured!
If you want to explore the hidden world of a mountain lake or river, the PADI Altitude Diver Specialty course is for you. Dive more challenging dive sites while you satisfy your curiosity to know what's down there. The fun part about altitude diving is that you can explore places many people have never seen. You'll learn the effects of pressure at higher altitudes and how to adjust your dive plan accordingly.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
Learning to adjust your dive plan for the reduced surface pressure at altitude is an important part of the course. You’ll complete two scuba dives and learn:
- Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures and techniques.
- How to adjust your dive computer for altitude diving or calculate altitude dive profiles using the RDP Tables.
- How to avoid problems and handle emergency situations, if they occur, at altitude.
- Knowledge Development - Academics are all done with one classroom session at Scubatude. Included - Includes tuition, and PADI Certification fee.
- You must be at least 13 years old
- Be in good health
Not included is your course fee is your personal gear, which includes:
Mask, fins, snorkel, hood, boots and gloves. Certified divers are expected to provide their own scuba gear, including BCD, regulators, computer, wetsuit or dry suit, tanks, and weights. These items are available for rent if needed.
Scubatude students receive a discount on all personal gear!
4 class hours and 2 ocean dives required
1 reviews for Altitude Diver
TomJul 23, 2019
Robert was a fantastic instructor. He taught us what we needed to know and kept us safe at altitude. Great class and a great team at Scubatude.