DAN Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP)
Comprehensive Diving First Aid!
When a dive accident occurs, multiple things happen. Separate small problems can compound to create a larger problem. DAN's Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) program prepares you to handle the kinds of multifaceted accidents that may occur.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
The DEMP program prepares you to address multiple problems at once and with confidence. It combines the knowledge and skills from the following four courses into a single approach to managing diving emergencies: Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid, Neurological Assessment, Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries and First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries.
You will learn about:
- CPR & use of AEDs
- Neurological assessments
- Decompression illness and stroke
- Atmospheric gases
- Respiration and circulation
- Oxygen safety
- Oxygen first aid for scuba diving injuries
- Envenomations from marine life
- Traumatic injuries
- Life-threatening complications
- Seafood poisonings
- Avoidance of marine life injuries
Knowledge Development - Academics are done via elearning, then one classroom session at Scubatude.
Included - Includes tuition, and DAN Certification fee.
- You must be at least 13 years old
- Be in good health
- Not included is your course fee is the DAN BLS & First Aid Student Kit.