DAN Emergency Oxygen
Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries!
When a diving accident occurs, being able to recognize the problem and respond with the appropriate care can speed the diver's recovery and minimize lasting effects.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
Oxygen first aid provides needed oxygen to body tissues, enhances the elimination of inert gases such as nitrogen obtained from breathing gases, and helps shrink any gas bubbles that may have developed during ascent — bubbles that contribute to decompression sickness and arterial gas embolism. Supplemental oxygen also can help minimize or eliminate existing symptoms and reduce further injury until medical services are engaged.
You will learn about:
- Atmospheric gases
- Respiration and circulation
- Decompression illness
- Oxygen and diving injuries
- Oxygen safety
You will develop the following skills:
- Oxygen equipment identification, assembly and disassembly
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial assessment
- Use of Demand inhalator valve, Nonrebreather mask
- Use of Bag-valve mask, Manually triggered ventilator
- Creation of an Emergency assistance plan
Knowledge Development - Academics are done via elearning, then one classroom session at Scubatude.
Included - Includes tuition, and DAN Certification fee.
- You must be at least 13 years old
- Be in good health