DAN First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
First Aid for encounters with fire coral, jellyfish and other marine creatures!
Any time a person enters the marine environment there is a chance of being stung, bitten or cut. This course will teach you where you can expect to encounter potentially hazardous marine life and how to provide first aid when injuries occur.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
This DAN First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries course teaches divers how to identify and avoid potentially harmful marine life. It also provides first aid skills to minimize these injuries and reduce discomfort.
You will learn about:
- Vertebrate and invertebrate sources of envenomations
- Traumatic injuries
- Life-threatening complications
- Seafood poisonings
- Avoidance of marine life injuries
You will develop the following skills:
- Initial assessment
- Shock management
- Treatment of stinging and spiny envenomations and injuries
- Control of external bleeding
- Pressure immobilization technique
- Severe allergic reactions
- Creation of an emergency assistance plan
Knowledge Development - Academics are done via elearning, then one classroom session at Scubatude.
Included - Includes tuition, and DAN Certification fee.
- You must be at least 13 years old
- Be in good health