GO WITH THE FLOW!
Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating. The course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you’ll:
- Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels.
- Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current.
Academics are done at home with your workbook, then one classroom session at Scubatude.
- You must be at least 13 years old
- Be in good health
Not included is your course fee is your personal gear, which includes:
Mask, fins, snorkel, hood, boots and gloves. Certified divers are expected to provide their own scuba gear, including BCD, regulators, computer, wetsuit or dry suit, tanks, and weights. These items are available for rent if needed.
Scubatude students receive a discount on all personal gear!
Boat fees or travel to dives sites is not included in the course costs.