Emergency First Response Primary (CPR) & Secondary (First Aid) Care
Save lives and provide first aid!
Combine Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) in one course.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
The course teaches both primary, and secondary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene Assessment
- Barrier Use
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management
Secondary (First Aid) skills taught in this course:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
You will develop the following skills:
- Initial and secondary assessments
- Recovery position technique
- CPR techniques
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Control of external bleeding
- Bandaging, wound management and splinting
- Shock management
Includes first aid treatment reference for the following emergencies:
- Allergic Reactions (incl. anaphylaxis)
- Chemical Burns
- Diabetic Problems
- Temperature Related Injuries
- First Aid Kit Assembly
Knowledge Development - Academics are done via a student manual, and one classroom session at Scubatude.
Included - Includes tuition, and EFR Certification fee.
- You must be at least 13 years old
- Be in good health
- Not included is your course fee is the EFR Primary & Secondary Care Student Manual