PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)
Share your passion. Become a PADI dive Instructor!
This is a two-part course - the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
Knowledge Development - The Open Water Scuba Instructor course teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety. Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
PADI Divemasters who have been certified divers for at least 6 month may enroll in the PADI Assistant Instructor course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 60 logged dives to start and 100 logged dives to attend the IE.
You also need to be an Emergency First Response Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
Included - Course tuition, all instruction fees, pool and classroom use.
Not Included - PADI IDC Online (eLearning), PADI Instructor Crew-Pak, PADI Application Fee.
Not included is your course fee is your personal gear, which includes:
Mask, fins, snorkel, hood, boots, gloves, and computer.
Instructor Candidates are expected to provide their own scuba gear, including BCD, regulators, computer, wetsuit or dry suit, tanks, and weights.These items are available for rent if needed.
Scubatude students receive a discount on all personal gear!
All expenses including boats, ferry across to Catalina and hotels are paid by the Candidate.