Search and Recovery
Lost and Found
Retrieve lost items that have fallen overboard or off a dock. Learn effective search patterns and using a lift bag for heavy objects.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
Knowledge Development - Academics are done at home with your workbook, then one classroom session at Scubatude.
- You must be at least 15 years old
- In good health
- Be an Advanced Open Water Diver
Not included is your course fee is your personal gear, which includes:
Mask, fins, snorkel, hood, boots and gloves. Certified divers are expected to provide their own scuba gear, including BCD, regulators, computer, wetsuit or dry suit, tanks, and weights. These items are available for rent if needed.
Scubatude students receive a discount on all personal gear!
Boat fees or travel to dives sites is not included in the course costs.